Annual Training Forum and Exhibition 2018
Tankersley Manor Hotel
1st – 3rd May 2018
Our Annual Specialist Training Forum and Exhibition provides the opportunity to find efficiencies and improve the quality of service through;
- Sharing Best Practice
- Specialist training sessions on current linen related topics
- A unique trade exhibition of innovative products and services
- A valuable opportunity to network with fellow healthcare linen services professionals.
It is a key event for NHS and Commercial Laundry and Linen Services Professionals, Hotel Services and Facilities Managers involved in Linen Services and a wide range of allied traders. The training forum includes a variety of informative papers on topical subjects which exhibitors are welcome to attend and take part in.
Tankersley Manor is a fantastic four-star hotel near Sheffield. Just off J36 of the M1, the hotel is close to the bustling city centre but also on the doorstep to some of the country’s most picturesque scenery. The hotel is built around a 17th century former residence with many of the original features being retained including exposed wooden beams and Yorkshire stone windowsills. A modern edge has been created with the addition of a purpose built conference centre, magnificent health club and spa and a contemporary bedroom wing.
The Hotel offers a great location just out of the city but easily accessible from major transport networks and offering free car parking for over 250 cars
The gym offers all the latest Technogym equipment including running machines, rowers and cross trainers. There are free weights and areas to stretch, all overseen by our fitness gurus who are on hand to offer support and advice when you need it. After a visit to the gym, cool down with a refreshing dip in the pool before relaxing in the fabulous whirlpool, sauna or steam room.
- 98 spacious and modern bedrooms
- Free wifi throughout the hotel
- Excellent dining in Tankersley Manor Bar & Brasserie
- Only 20 minutes from Sheffield and just off the M1
- 27 miles from Leeds Bradford Airport
- Only 10 minutes from Barnsley
- Located just minutes from J36 M1
From the north. Exit A1 at J43 onto M1 (London, Leeds). Leave M1 at J36. Follow A61 Sheffield. Tankersley Manor is half a mile on the left.
From the south. Travelling north on the M1 exit at Junction 36. Follow A61 Sheffield. Tankersley Manor is half a mile on the left.
From the east. From M18, join the M1 north (Sheffield/Leeds). Leave M1 at J36. Follow signs for Sheffield. Tankersley Manor is half a mile on the left.
From the west. From M62, exit at J29, (J42 of the M1). Leave M1 at J36. Follow A61 (Sheffield). Tankersley Manor is half a mile on the left.
Nearest train stations
Barnsley – 8 miles
Sheffield – 15 miles
The Society’s Professional development forum annual Banquet & Awards evening 2018
In 2017 following consultation with members, it was decided to dispense with the formal banquet which for many years had been enjoyed by all those attending. Feedback received from this year’s event has proved this to be a retrograde step. Many, who normally attend stayed away and this is something that the Officers of the Society are keen to address.
Therefore 2018 will not only see the return of the “Banquet night”, but will also include an awards evening, where individuals, companies and organisations will be placed in the spotlight. This will not only provide some light entertainment following a day long business session, but will also recognise achievements which sometimes appear to go unnoticed.
- Golf – The winner of the Tommy Johnson memorial trophy
- Innovative manager
- Innovative company / product
- Lifetime achievement
Golf – Winner
Presentation of the trophy
An employee who has made an exceptional contribution to improving the service they provide.
- Implementing a new system of work
- Overseeing a large capital development
- Undertaking and publishing research
Open to individuals to nominate themselves or for a colleague to nominate on their behalf
Innovative company / product
A company who have introduced an innovative product into the marketplace. This award will be presented to an individual, team, or group who have demonstrated a genuine benefit to a laundry or linen service. Such benefits could include product innovation; service innovation; cost savings etc.
This Award will go to the individual or a team that best demonstrates one or more of the following:
- A product that offers savings either through laundering or linen services
- A product that has advantages in the provision of linen services
Any member may nominate a company for this award or a company can put themselves forward for this award, but must include a sponsor, employed in the provision of linen services within health care.
Someone who has made an exceptional contribution to the operation or development of the Society. This might include one or a number of the following – e.g. someone who:
- Has significantly raised the profile of the Society
- Has made a significant contribution to the Society’s development
- Has performed a specific role (or various roles) that has enabled the Society to function effectively
- Has shown leadership in delivering the aims of the Society
- Has served the Society over a significant period of time
Nominations for this award are restricted to members of the Society and can be made on behalf of anyone working at any level. The nomination must be proposed by a member of the Society.